8.29.2008

my new old obsession

i've wanted a bento box for some time now. i like the thought of a stacked up little lunch. i don't know why, i just do.

so every now and then i check them on ebay, but this last time the accessories caught my eye and now, after a quick search on flickr, the bento box fire in me is burning bright.

i want eggs molded into bunnies, cars and fish! i want rice balls shaped like pandas, penguins and pigs with little nori faces! how about a weenie that looks like an octopus? or my initials cut out of a bell pepper? yes! i want all that too.

ok, i'm 40 years old and i work from home, so maybe it would be silly for me to have a bento box...but these little lunchie works of art are so freakin' cool! they make my eyes happy, which in turn make my soul happy. who can say that about their lunch most days?

i shall have one, oh yes, i shall.

1 comment:

mapostrophe said...

Yay bento boxes! I had a few bento box style lunches while in Japan, but they were cheap bento boxes, no special happy egg bunnies and such...